Saturday, August 23, 2014

Madala rag smile! (It can all be carried by a smile)

Minahal ko,

Thank you for all the updates and everything. I love hearing your stories and your voice in my head. 

I'm going to try to contain the miracles of this week here but for a quick run down: exchanges with 3 sets of sisters, Sis. Rosita's baptism, and a service project pulling weeds extreme style- like an acre of land and weeds on everything and red ants and coconuts - see attached picture! ( I apologize for the blurryness- that's what happens when you give your camera to a very excited Elder)

We started off the week with a lesson at our returning less active’s home. She just had her 3rd week at church after a year of inactivity- and she’s already preparing to go to the temple. We’d been working so hard to get Brother to join (he was the branch 2nd counselor before) and he wasn’t there, but I prayed for it anyway. And as I said Amen, he walked in. He sat down, we taught the Atonement and he committed to get Sunday off that week. Then on Sunday, Bro Agir walked into church and said- “I have Sundays off forever.” I think my face came close to breaking with a smile.


Rosita was baptized. We were really hoping all week that her family would come and she reminded them probably 10 times a day but no one showed up :( But her branch family was there! All of the youth came to support her plus probably half the branch adults. We also had a really cool miracle where our lost investigator showed up to the baptism- she's actually just busy and so we pray for Sis. JhayJhay, because after the baptism, her best friend, our Recent Convert, Sis. Venz asked, "So when's your baptism?" And she says- "I know, I know. I'm next" 

It was a perfect baptism. The water here in Siaton is interesting some days, so she was baptized in mildly spring green water, and then the font was really slippery, so she slid on the way up from her immersion- 1 and a half times immersed and completely clean. She surrendered herself to God!


And then Nanay Marciana. I don't quite even understand the whole story with her- something about her son really wanting to be taught and then going through persecution and turning to alcohol and it's a sad story. But Marciana is 80 years old and probably 4 foot 10 and she's adorable. We taught her and committed her to come to church in a 15 min lesson, more of just checking up on the family. But she came! When we followed up, she said, Well, of course I came, because God told me it's the true church. We completely thought she wasn't getting anything, but she understands everything we teach her. She explained the apostasy to me better than I've ever said it. So we committed her to be baptized. She thought about it for a second and then said "That's probably God's will isn't it? What day is that again?" Please pray for her understanding to continue, and for the rest of her family!


We saw other miracles- we found an amazingly elect Sis. Juvy, and the family of Sis. Venz (the recent convert) is progressing finally. They're still not sure, but we can change that! I love them so much, they just need the courage to get to church. We taught them and asked if they'd managed to pray if it was true. Sis. Sol- venz's mom shyly adds her experience that she prayed and felt so overwhelmed with joy and then saw two people dressed in white i her minds eye. Just come to church and then the temple!! We'll get them there. 


Yesterday, we (Sister Anderson and I- she's such a sweet new sister ) also got to learn how ready the Lord is to bless us. We had been looking for a contact and we didn’t find her- it was getting to the point that we’d decided to hurry along to the next set appointment, so we were waiting for a tricycle. One sister was walking towards us in the distance and I knew we had to talk to her. We began, and all of the transportation came by, but I knew we needed to be there with Sis. Sita. She immediately told us to come into her house and teach her the restored gospel. Okay! When we got there, the spirit wasn’t really present- her husband was drinking outside and this dog would not stop barking for 10 minutes. But we continued and we began with a prayer. I began praying and something told me- “Peace Be still”


That gave me the courage or faith or whatever it is that we pull up from inside of us to ask that the dog would not disturb. In that very second, the dog stopped barking and was silent for the next 15 minutes as we related this sacred message. I came up from my bowed head with eyes wet. After we left, with a committed and ready investigator, Sis. Anderson said- "I was scared to look back in case he started barking, but I wanted to see the angel holding his mouth." Neither of us did turn, but like Lot, I trust in God, and go forward expecting his miracles. 


So, I am fantastic. Life is wonderful. We're crossing the ocean again tomorrow. 

God is real. He loves his children. Ask and you shall recieve. He's waiting for us!


I love you all! 


Sister Tueller

No comments:

Post a Comment