Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Adventures

Mga pinangga ko,

How are you all? Thank you for all of your updates- I love the smallest details of your lives.


I’ve been thinking a lot about that- the details of our lives. I don’t know how to write this without saying something cliché about threads in a blanket or drops in a bucket or something but I have felt so profoundly lately that every little action is important. We all have these worlds going on in our head and then we say words and they come out in little ways and we meet other people and our worlds exist in the same space. Preach My Gospel and Elder Packer teach that in order to succeed, a missionary needs to understand how an investigator feels to be converted and how a missionary needs to feel to teach with power. So I’m trying to not be so caught up in my little thread but in seeing more. It’s kind of hard. But really interesting.

We had another crazy week- we had a mission tour and conference on Thursday and Friday with Elder Shane M. Bowen of the Seventy. It was so amazing. He gave us some really great things to improve, and taught us that we’re not as good as we think, and then he told us who we really are! We’re scattered Israel, we’re the heirs of Father Abraham, we’re covenant keepers. Here’s something he said that stuck with me: “When we know who we are, we act accordingly.” That’s so true- and so we must have the correct understanding of ourselves.


On Thursday night, we had some extra time in Cebu City and our zone leaders had challenged us to talk to 23 people during the conference, so we went out. Sis. Joson is so great at talking to everyone, and she taught me how to talk to people in the big city. We had so many incredible people that we met. A jeep driver who was passed by by missionaries before, a Baptist woman dissatisfied with her life, a woman asking questions because her husband recently died. Heavenly Father was so happy with our little sacrifice, and choice to follow- how much happier would he be if I did everything I was supposed?


Yesterday, we also had such a cool chance! Our mission is made up of 3 islands, but until this past year, only Cebu and Negros had missionaries, but now Siquijor is a full proselyting area with a new growing group. Some crazy turns of events had us heading to Siquijor rather than having the Siquijor sisters come to Siaton. So I went to the Isla del Fuego! It’s famous for witchcraft, but we just saw lots of the Holy Spirit working. Sis. Pulgado and I worked together and saw so many people prepared. We “ayo”ed at a door and a grandma yells through the window, “why are you at my house?” “we’re missionaries! We have a message for your family!” She opened the door a crack and says “In your religion, are you going to die? Because if you’re going to die, just like everyone else, I’m just going to  stay in my religion because I’ll just die anyway and I don’t want to die.”  Grumpy, but we can work with that. We told her about the resurrection and the door inched opened, and we smiled and it opened a little more. Nanay Separina actually has lots of problems with her children and husband, and she ended  up considering being baptized by the end. I was in awe at the change of heart. 


And they're happening in Siaton too! We're so excited for this next week. I know we're going to find a family who is really ready to accept this gospel. Please pray for them. We don't know them yet, but Heavenly Father is preparing them.


More events: The primary presentation in Siaton, Finding someone ready to ask questions at the very last house, lots and lots of travel, more joy in his service, more purpose in prayer. 


This week's another full one- so I'm going to do my best to use every minute! The Book of Mormon really ahs the answer to everything.


I love you all!

Sister Tueller


No comments:

Post a Comment