Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sept. 10, 2013

As always, it's been another wonderful week. To let you have some better details, I think I'll just tell you about Sunday, and then you can imagine the rest from there.

But first, I am certainly praying for all of you- with this busy semester, with Olivia being in charge at home, for Clark Proffit, for Danny, for Bonnie, for Sarah, for my missionary cousins, my missionary friends, my soon-to be missionary friends and then my gratitude for all of my family and friends.

So Sunday. I woke up and got ready and ate my mangos and oatmeal. I'm blessed kaayo.

This is one of only 3 days a week that we go out of the house in the morning (Monday to travel to district meeting and Wednesday to come email you all) so I'm not as quick to say "Maayong buntag" as "Maayong hapon." As we walked, our neighbor who is 14, the only member in her family, and the branch pianist came running to catch up with us and give us all hugs. She and the other young women surrounded us and told us all about their week, even though we'd seen them frequently. Our walk was short, because we live two houses down from the chapel.

Inside the chapel, all the primary children were gathered for the primary program. The Elders were tying ties and we were put to work tying sashes- all green silk. Each girl was wearing all white, and the boys were all wearing their white shirts and these ties. That's the kind of pageantry that we have here. We also stand by the door and shake hands as everyone comes in. This week, 3 less actives (Sister Cherry Maglangit, Sister Tumabini, and Brother Timbangan) came to church for the first time this year!! We've been working so hard to get them to come, or to get whole families, and it finally happened. Of course, the Primary program helped- so we'll see about next week. 

And we had investigators in church! 
Cecil and Jenabel finally came to church after all sorts of barriers ( I really hope I've told you about them- they're Cristina's (the recent convert) neighbors and they love to read the Book of mormon (Side note, not from Sunday: we had a lesson this week with them where we used 4 different languages (Ilongo, Visaya, Tagalog, and English) of the Book of Mormon, and everyone just understood. It's crazy stuff.)) That was a lot of parentheses- I apologize.

We have a new investigator who's amazing: Sister Leah Grace Mesa. Two weeks ago, her husband called us over (maybe while he was drunk, we're not quite sure) and told us that he wanted to learn about our religion. We promised to come back some other time. Last week, while Sister Rugg and I were on the other side of the Boulevard on splits ( I can't remember if I told you about that- if I didn't, make sure I do, because it was incredible), Sister Yanga and our member present couldn't find anyone at home, so they went back. Sister Leah describes herself as "hanging" because she's looking for truth, and she can't find anywhere to plant her feet firmly on truth. And we get to show her the stepping stones where she can put her feet to lead her to the foundation of the gospel. So incredible. She didn't come to church because she'd committed to going to the Born-Again, but her 9 year old son really wanted to come, and he just joined the Primary program. 

Of course, Sister Bibing Carcasona came. She's the wife of the less-active, and her baptism will be on the 21st. She's so ready. We had a great lesson this week with her when Brother wasn't there so she wasn't as quiet. She truly has been changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.

That's all my time for this week, so no events, but lots of people. That's what's really important here.
I know that this gospel is true and that through it, we can gain everlasting happiness. Thank you so much for all your support and prayers for me and these people. You are working miracles here!

Nahigugma ako kaninyo!
Sister Tueller

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed her weekly letters. Bring good memories to mind of my time with the Bolivian people. Yes, the gospel is true and is going every where. So grateful that Sister Tueller and her companion are working hard and bringing the gospel to those wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete